Sunday, July 29, 2012

Can you name that number?

Hi all!! I am Caitlin from Kindergarten Smiles! I am so thankful that Penny has allowed me to come share with you today! 

This summer I have spent a good amount of time going over the Common Core math standards. There are a couple things I am surprised about--patterns and time are no longer required in Kindergarten; however, for the most part I am very excited to fully implement these new standards in my classroom. 

I think Common Core is giving us the chance to slow down and REALLY teach children numbers and their meaning. Students will come out of Kindergarten with mastery skills that will allow them to succeed in math throughout their schooling. 

I wanted to share with you a math game that you can play with your students in a small group. This game will help your students recognize and count numbers 1-100. You can also use the number cards in various ways:

-Have students pick a card and start counting from that number  
  (K.CC.2)
-Put numbers in order 1-100 (K.CC.1)
-Use number cards 1-20. Have students draw a card and count out 
  that many unifix cubes (K.CC.4)
-Use number cards 1-20. Have students draw a card and write that 
  number 3 times (K.CC.3)

I can go on and on.....Click the picture below to grab your FREEBIE! 

Another BIG thank you to Penny for giving me the opportunity to guest blog today :) I hope you will come visit me over at Kindergarten Smiles!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Design by Custom Blog Designs